Coral Expeditions full steam on Australian sailing schedule for 2022
More Kimberley availability in 2022 and 2023 and new Australian itineraries released
Coral Expeditions, Australia’s pioneering small ship cruise line, has unveiled a fully domestic 2022 sailing schedule. This includes extended sailing dates in the iconic Kimberley due to popular demand.
Also released are new additions to the Australia’s Coastal Wilderness Series of itineraries to replace international voyages which remain uncertain with ongoing border restrictions.
To facilitate planning, the company has also made available for booking the April to September Kimberley season in 2023.
“We are pleased to finalise our plans with the decision to offer an Australian led sailing schedule for 2022”, says Jeff Gillies, Commercial Director of Coral Expeditions.
“As we continue to see travel uncertainty, particularly across international borders, we want to provide confidence and early planning opportunities for our guests and travel industry partners. These newly released voyages provide more availability on classic voyages and the addition of some unique new travel options for Australians to enjoy.”
A series of 10 new Kimberley Cruise dates in 2022, aboard new vessel Coral Geographer, are a key feature adding over 1200 new berths of availability through the popular period from April to June.
“We have seen a very strong demand over the past months with our successful restart in the Kimberley and it looks like being the hot destination for travel in 2022” Mr Gillies said. “This iconic cruise is a true bucket list for any Australian adventurer, and we will have 3 purpose-built expedition ships operating in the Kimberley in 2022 and 2023. Our expedition team have been exploring the region for three decades. In the vast expanses of the Kimberley, there is no substitute for experience.”
Other newly released expeditions include two new 18-night expeditions ‘Across the Top’ of Australia between Broome and Cairns (and vice versa) being released for January 2022.
Coral Expeditions has enjoyed strong patronage following its successful restart of domestic operations in October 2020. With its Australian-flagged small ship fleet carrying no more than 99 passengers and Australian crew, and a rigorous and fully approved SailSAFE Plan, Coral Expeditions is uniquely positioned to revive low-impact cruise tourism in regional Australia.
Headquartered in Cairns, Coral Expeditions has regular communication with all state and federal authorities and operates in full compliance with all directives.
There has been no better time to seek solace in the wide-open spaces of the Australian coastline.
Details of the new expeditions are provided below, and full voyage itineraries and brochures are available on the Coral Expeditions website:
1. NEW DATES The Kimberley Cruise - Now on sale. Australia’s Kimberley is the quintessential Aussie adventure. A vast and ancient land shaped by the powerful forces of nature. Majestic waterfalls, epic tidal flows, unique bird and marine species, ancient aboriginal art sites and magnificent rock escarpments shape this experience. Now in our 26th season in the Kimberley, our Australian crew share their knowledge and connection with the land, people, and nature as only a local can do.
10 Nights – between Darwin & Broome. New dates in April and May 2022 aboard Coral Geographer are timed to coincide with the waterfall season. The full schedule of 2023 sailing dates from April to October is also now released and available for booking. The Availability Tracker for Coral Expeditions Kimberley season can be viewed HERE.
2. NEW DATES Kimberley Icons, Ashmore & the Rowley Shoals – Now on sale. This new itinerary combines the Kimberley’s highlights with the addition of remote Ashmore Reef, Adele Island, and the spectacular Rowley Shoals Marine Park allowing guests to enjoy water activities including snorkel and dive.
12 Nights – between Darwin & Broome onboard Coral Geographer. Departs 12, 24, & 28 September 2022.
3. NEW RELEASE Across the Top – Coming soon. Originally created for Coral Geographer’s Maiden Voyage, this itinerary explores some of Australia’s most remote coastal regions including pristine offshore reefs and islands across the top of the Australian continent.
18 nights - between Cairns and Broome onboard Coral Adventurer. Departs: 1 January 2022, and 20 January 2022.
4. NEW RELEASE Australia’ Great Southern Coastline – Now on sale. This expedition is a special Australian Geographic Society partner voyage. Experience the company of fellow explorers as we traverse the powerful Southern Ocean crossing the Great Australian Bight. Step ashore in rarely seen islands and national parks, sail past the towering sandstone cliffs of Bunda and visit the pristine marine outpost of the Archipelagos of the Recherche.
14 Nights - from Melbourne to Fremantle onboard Coral Geographer. Departs 1 March 2022.
Coral Expeditions has sailed 51 incident-free voyages since restarting operations in October 2020 featuring:
• Small groups of under 100 passengers
• Australian-flagged small ships, purpose-built for tropical expeditions.
• Warm Australian hospitality
• Pioneering expeditions to remote natural habitats
• Local knowledge and expert guidance
• The confidence provided by SailSAFE Plan and COVID-19 health protocols.
Amazing days, stunning sunsets and beautiful nights...a day aboard Coral Expeditions
About Coral Expeditions
Recognised as Australia’s longest established expedition cruise operator, Coral Expeditions is Australia’s pioneering cruise line, offering a unique style of immersive expedition adventures. From pioneering environmentally sensitive cruises on the Great Barrier Reef 35 years ago, the ocean-going fleet of small ships now features the yacht-like Coral Discoverer and the brand-new flagship sister ships Coral Adventurer and Coral Geographer. Purpose-built for expedition cruising, Coral Expeditions’ vessels have a shallow draught, allowing access to remote locations that larger vessel’scannot reach. Signature Xplorer tender vessels, glass bottom boats and Zodiac tenders enable guests to explore the coastlines up close. Expansive indoor and outdoor spaces immerse guests in the spectacular natural surroundings. An expert expedition team including specialist guest lecturers provide insightful commentary and interpretation along the way. Headquartered in Cairns, Australia, Coral Expeditions offers expedition cruises to the Great Barrier Reef, the Kimberley coastline, Tasmania, Cape York and Arnhem Land, South Australia and international voyages to New Zealand, New Guinea, and islands of the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
Find Freedom in the farthest reaches with Coral Expeditions.